Do you own a commercial property?
Yes? Commercial property ownership extends beyond offices and retail spaces. It encompasses various unique and sometimes unexpected properties, from sewerage works to private schools. Understanding the breadth of tax reliefs available could greatly benefit your business financially.
How can I benefit?
Here are the key points to determine potential benefits from Capital Allowances:
- Tax Liability: You must be in a tax-paying position to offset any relief.
- Ownership of Expenses: The entity that incurs the expense on a commercial property is entitled to claim the relief.
- Commercial Activity: Your property must be used for commercial activity, which could range from a simple holiday let to a large international corporation.
Is there tax relief available?
Indeed, there is. The scope of what qualifies might be broader than you think. For example, an owner of sewerage works operating a biotech company could claim relief on equipment needed for environmental safety after processing.
The types of property that can qualify can be extremely varied including:
- Privately-run educational institutions
- Crematoriums and pet cemeteries
- Mobile home parks (ancillary facilities)
- Airports, ports, and associated structures
- Sports grounds and recreational facilities
- Commercial art galleries and private museums
- And the list goes on!
The determining factor is the commercial use and the tax-paying status of the entity.
Contact us for a tailored discussion about your property and potential tax relief opportunities.
Get the tax relief you are entitled to
If you need the help of a tax consultant to identify what tax relief you are eligible for on your commercial property, contact us today to have a no obligation chat.